M B Upholstery
Privacy Statement, effective as of 4 March 2019.
M B Upholstery (or the “Company”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit the Company’s Web sites (“Visitors”), individuals / organisations who register to use the Services as defined below (“Customers”), the data they provide and generate (“Customer Data”) and individuals who register to attend the Company’s marketing events (“Attendees”).
Who we are
M B Upholstery whose business address is at 7 Arkwright Road, Reading
Berkshire RG2 0LU, England.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, the General Data Protection Regulation, and other applicable privacy laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The personal information we collect about you
When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about the Services or registering to use the Services, When you access and browse the M B Upholstery Services or the website, we may collect the following Customer Data / Information from you in a variety of ways:
- Your Name and Your Company name;
- Your Business Contact information such as office address, email address and phone number
- Any additional information that is automatically collected when you access our service such as device and browser type, unique device identifier, location, address, phone and e-mail details;
- Your service usage metadata (your interactions with the hL service and generated meta-data providing additional context)
- Your service log data (Logs on your service use, IP addresses, browser type, device type, settings, date/time etc.)
- Your feedback and correspondence, such as information you provide in your responses to surveys, when you participate in market research activities, report a problem with Service, receive customer support or otherwise correspond with us.
How we may store and use your information
M B Upholstery uses Customer Data in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by the applicable law. M B Upholstery is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the Controller.
- Through offering the M B Upholstery services and or otherwise, M B Upholstery (or other third-party on our behalf) may collect, store and use your personal information listed above for the following purposes:
- To make M B Upholstery Services or M B Upholstery Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- To provide you or the Customer with services that you request.
- To respond to your Service-related requests, questions and feedback.
- To create your user profile on the M B Upholstery Service.
- To research and develop better search, analytics, learning and service algorithms and features to improve the M B Upholstery services.
- Informing you of updates and changes to M B Upholstery.
- To contact you for feedback or customer survey purposes. We may do so by email, phone or mail.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters; and,
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
Apart from the purposes of offering M B Upholstery services as described above, we will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to any other third-party unless you have consented to this. If you do consent but later change your mind, you may contact us and we will cease any such activity.
However, if a third party acquires all (or substantially all) of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal information to that third party in connection with the acquisition. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency.
Finally, we may also collect anonymised details about Visitors or about Customers for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes.
M B Upholstery will retain Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and the Customer’s use of services functionality, and as required by applicable law.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, M B Upholstery does not allow use of our services and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 years has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email email@example.com.
Identifying the Data Controller and Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the “controller” and “processor” of information. In general, Customer in the controller of Customer Data, the service provider, here M B Upholstery is the processor of Customer Data.
M B Upholstery takes security of data very seriously. We work hard to protect the information you provide from loss, misuse, and un-authorised access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, M B Upholstery cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
M B Upholstery offers website Visitors and Customers who provide contact information a means to choose how the Company uses the information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. to stop receiving such emails.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data.
Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you have the following rights:
- The right to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law;
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you free of charge; and
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your personal information with your consent) may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please write to your Data Controller (who has instructed us to process the data on their behalf, usually your employing organisation), or in situations where we are acting as the Data Controller, please contact us (either by post or by e-mail) at the address specified above.
Third party sites